Every time I turn around, there’s a new teacher trend taking over social media. Honestly, I find it both inspiring and a little overwhelming! I don’t know about you, but my phone camera roll is FULL of ideas I can’t wait to try. Scrolling through my pics the other day got me thinking about my teacher bucket list. I thought it’d be fun to share some of the things that I’m looking forward to doing when I get back in the classroom!
- try “keep the quote”
- do a classroom transformation (search #classroomtransformation on Instagram if you aren’t sure what I mean)
- hold a book tasting
- try using AR and VR (especially in science and social studies)
- set up a makerspace
- try flexible seating
- lead or sponsor a coding club or school-wide tech activity like Hour of Code
- try brain breaks/GoNoodle/yoga
- Skype with an author
- use miss5th’s whiteboard prompts
- try starting a class Instagram/Twitter feed
- visit the Ron Clark Academy
- attend a Get Your Teach On conference
- take some educational technology classes
Have you done any of these? What’s on your list? Comment below or find me on Instagram (@alyssateaches) to download a template so you can share your own teacher bucket list!