Adding and Subtracting Fractions Word Problems for Daily Math Review
How can you ensure that students are reviewing previously taught math skills without using a lot of precious class time or adding more to your workload? Daily math review! This low-prep resource is a perfect way to easily have students review adding and subtracting fractions and mixed numbers. Use for warmups or exit tickets, like task cards, with small groups, or pair with games!
What Skills Are Covered?
- adding fractions with like denominators
- adding fractions with unlike denominators
- estimating sums of fractions
- adding mixed numbers and improper fractions
- subtracting fractions with like denominators
- subtracting fractions with unlike denominators
- estimating differences of fractions
- subtracting mixed numbers and improper fractions
- 30 colorful slides with one question each
- 30 printer-friendly pages with black-and-white questions (printed multiple questions per page to save paper)
- student recording sheet
- answer key
- suggestions for preparation and use
Recommended Grade Levels: 4, 5
Number of Pages: 63
Supported Standards: 2016 Virginia Math SOL 4.5
What Teachers Are Saying:
"I used this activity as a math review before the chapter test to review concepts! Students had such a fun time! I will be using again next year!" - Maddie
"I use these as part of our daily warm-up routine. They are perfectly aligned with the SOLs and reflect what students will see on their SOL test." - T. V.