Decimal Place Value Word Problems for Daily Math Review
How can you ensure that students are reviewing previously taught math skills without using a lot of precious class time or adding more to your workload? Daily math review! This low-prep resource is a perfect way to easily have students review decimal number sense. Use for warmups or exit tickets, like task cards, with small groups, or pair with games!
They are written like word problems, with several problems incorporating charts or pictures.
What Skills Are Covered?
- reading, writing, and representing decimals in standard and written form
- identifying the place and value of digits in a decimal
- rounding decimals to the nearest whole number
- comparing decimals
- ordering decimals
- determining equivalent decimals and fractions
- 30 colorful slides with one question each
- 30 printer-friendly pages with black-and-white questions (printed multiple questions per page to save paper)
- student recording sheet
- answer key
- suggestions for preparation and use
Recommended Grade Levels: 4, 5
Number of Pages: 65
Supported Standards: 2016 Virginia Math SOL 4.3
What Teachers Are Saying:
"Great practice for word problems and decimals. I used these with my small group and some exit tickets/ review." - Ann
"I used this activity with my summer school students I made this resource into a game. They loved the competition. Excellent resource and time saver." - Sandra