Elapsed Time Word Problems for Daily Math Review
How can you ensure that students are reviewing previously taught math skills without using a lot of precious class time or adding more to your workload? Daily math review! This low-prep resource is a perfect way to easily have students review elapsed time within a 12 hour period. Use for warmups or exit tickets, like task cards, with small groups, or pair with games anytime during the year or for spring test review!
This resource includes 30 questions that are written like word problems, with several problems incorporating charts or pictures.
What Skills Are Covered?
- determining how much time has passed
- determining the end time (given a start time)
- determining the start time (given an end time)
- solving an addition/subtraction problem related to elapsed time
- 30 colorful slides with one question each
- 30 printer-friendly pages with black-and-white questions (printed multiple questions per page to save paper)
- student recording sheet
- answer key
- suggestions for preparation and use
Recommended Grade Levels: 4, 5
Number of Pages: 63
Supported Standards: 2016 Virginia Math SOL 4.9
What Teachers Are Saying:
"Elapsed time is such a difficult concept for students to understand, then add a bunch of words to the same problem and EEEK! This was a fantastic resources to teach my students how to read the problem, think about what it is asking, drawing a time line to count jumps etc. My students were fully engaged. Thank you for creating this." - Sarah
"Perfect way to review elapsed time in word problem format!" - Jordan