Group Persuasive Paragraph Writing Activities
Writing a strong persuasive paragraph can be tricky for elementary students! After modeling with the whole class and before having students try it on their own, I love having small groups work together to write their own persuasive paragraphs! Students love the high-interest prompts and enjoy working collaboratively.
To complete the activity, small groups work together to fill in the missing details, concluding sentence, and/or topic sentence on a graphic organizer before writing their own paragraph.
Use the provided prompts or use the blank graphic organizer to add your own!
This resource includes:
- 10 graphic organizers with topic sentences already written
- 4 graphic organizers with the concluding sentence already written
- 2 graphic organizers with one detail filled in (more challenging for your stronger writers)
- 2 blank graphic organizers
- 2 final paragraph writing sheets
- optional group reflection sheet
- editable rubric in PowerPoint
Recommended Grade Levels: 3, 4
Number of Pages: 14 + editable PPT file
Supported Standards: Virginia English SOL 4.7; CCSS W.3.1 and W.4.1
What Teachers Are Saying:
"The writing prompts were perfect for my fourth graders! They were so engaged and loved discussing/sharing their writings." - Courtney
"I like how the graphic organizers have different parts filled in (instead of just giving them a topic). My students enjoyed this activity." - Kelli