Measurement Word Problems for Daily Math Review
How can you ensure that students are reviewing previously taught math skills without using a lot of precious class time or adding more to your workload? Daily math review! This low-prep resource is a perfect way to easily have students review length, weight/mass, equivalent measures, perimeter, and area during your measurement unit and throughout the school year. Use for warmups or exit tickets, like task cards, with small groups, or pair with games!
This resource includes 25 questions that are written like word problems, with many problems incorporating charts or pictures.
What Skills Are Covered?
- estimating and measuring length in U.S. Customary and metric units
- estimating and measuring weight/mass in U.S. Customary and metric units
- identifying equivalent measures of length, weight/mass, and liquid volume (with U.S. Customary units)
- determining the perimeter of polygons
- determining the perimeter and area of squares and rectangles
- 25 colorful slides with one question each
- 25 printer-friendly pages with black-and-white questions (printed multiple questions per page to save paper)
- student recording sheet
- answer key
- suggestions for preparation and use
Recommended Grade Levels: 4, 5
Number of Pages: 53
Supported Standards: 2016 Virginia Math SOL 4.7 and 4.8
What Teachers Are Saying:
"Love how there are so many uses for these cards. Perfect to review previously taught skills!" - Megan