Nonfiction, Fiction, and Poetry Reading Comprehension Bundle | Digital and Print
When it comes to reading comprehension, I love using no-prep, targeted, skills-based practice. Find everything you need for your 4th graders to practice essential reading skills with this bundled set of short nonfiction passages, stories, and poems. These come in digital and printable versions and are perfect to use during a particular unit, for a passage-a-week practice all year long, or for end-of-year test review!
Save 20% by purchasing the bundle and receive all 3 sets:
- Nonfiction Comprehension Passages with Questions
- Fiction Comprehension Passages with Questions
- Poems with Questions
Each set includes short, high-interest texts with comprehension questions that target a variety of reading skills and word analysis strategies. The texts are written for 4th graders, but will also work for many students in 3rd and 5th grade.
Each set includes 2 versions of the texts:
- digital, self-checking task cards hosted on Boom Learning℠. These are completely online - no printing, cutting, or laminating. Students will practice TEI skills like drag-and-drop and selecting answer choices.
- multiple-choice printable PDFs with one text per page AND bonus questions since I had extra room! Answer keys are included.
Please note that you need an account with Boom in order to use the digital task cards. Read to the end to learn more about Boom.
Skills covered include:
- explaining the author’s purpose
- identifying the topic and main idea
- using text features to predict and categorize information
- distinguishing between fact and opinion
- making predictions
- drawing conclusions/making inferences
- identifying the conflict/solution
- identifying cause and effect relationships
- summarizing events/supporting details
- identifying sensory words
- identifying the theme
- identifying the narrator/speaker
- identifying the genre
- describing how the choice of language, setting, and characters contributes to the development of the plot
- locating “right there” answers
- using knowledge of context clues, synonyms and antonyms, root words and affixes, multiple-meaning words, homophones, and dictionary skills
Recommended Grade Levels: 4, 5
Number of Pages: 31
Number of Boom Cards: 54
Supported Standards: 2017 Reading SOL 4.4, 4.5, 4.6
What Teachers Are Saying:
"These are so thorough and were excellent for review before state testing!" - M. Y.
"Great bundle and love how they are aligned to VA SOLs. Very convenient to use and students enjoy the content." - Diana
About Boom Cards:
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins" (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Click here for details.