Subtracting Decimals Digital Activities
Teaching students how to subtract decimals through the thousandths place is super easy with these no-prep, comprehensive digital activities! You can use these these Classroom™-ready slides for instruction, review, practice, and even assessment during your decimals unit!
Students can use these standards-based digital activities in Google Drive™ or Microsoft OneDrive™. They will engage with the slides by typing answers to questions and clicking and dragging objects.
What Skills Are Covered?
- subtracting decimals (through the thousandths place) using concrete (virtual) materials, pictorial representations, and standard computation
- estimating differences of decimals
- solving single-step word problems involving subtracting decimals through the thousandths place
- solving multistep word problems involving adding and subtracting decimals through the thousandths place
- learning goals slide
- self-assessment slide based on the learning goals
- 3 decimal review slides
- 30 instructional/practice slides
- 1 cumulative review slide
- practice slide for students new to Google Slides
- teacher answer key
- PDF with step-by-step instructions explaining how to access the slides and share them with your students
Who Is This For?
This resource is for any teacher, parent, guardian, or tutor wanting to teach and review decimal subtraction. These slides can be used during regular classroom instruction, as part of a flipped classroom, or for remote learning.
Is This Resource Editable?
While you can move the text boxes around the screen, the slides themselves are not editable. However, you can add or remove slides as needed.
Recommended Grade Levels: 4, 5
Number of Slides: 35
Supported Standards: Math SOL 4.6
What Teachers Are Saying:
"I used both the adding and subtracting decimals products and loved them! They were very helpful! Thank you!" - W. E.